(INDIANA CAPITAL CHRONICLE) — The number of nixed road and bridge plans is rising, the Indiana Department of Transportation told state lawmakers on Monday, citing “funding constraints.”
“We’ve continued to cancel projects. They’ve continued to have to be postponed,” Legislative Director Aaron Wainscott said.
INDOT reported hitting the brakes on 300 projects this time last year.
“I don’t have a specific number, but I can tell you for sure that number has continued to increase over the last 12 months,” Wainscott told the House’s Roads and Transportation Committee.
“It probably wouldn’t be real hard to get that number,” replied Committee Chair Rep. Jim Pressel, R-Rolling Prairie, who also requested the dollar amount associated with those projects.
Priority initiatives have been among those trimmed, per Wainscott.
INDOT had planned a “major” interchange improvement projec...

1 month ago
1















English (US) ·