A middle school student in Poway was arrested Wednesday after school officials reported receiving threats of violence over several days, sheriff’s officials said.
Sheriff’s officials said administrators at Meadowbrook Middle School initially contacted them Sunday after someone sent an email to the school’s staff that included threats to commit acts of violence at the school Monday.
Deputies went to the campus Monday and remained all day “out of an abundance of caution” while the threat was investigated. The threat turned out to be unfounded, sheriff’s officials said.
Then on Tuesday, shortly before 7 a.m., school staff members received another email. This one said a bomb had been placed on campus.
School officials immediately called the Sheriff’s Office and deputies were sent back to the school. The school was placed on lockdown and sheriff’s deputies and agents from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives used police dogs to search the campus. No bomb was found and the lockdown was lifted.
On Tuesday night, several parents contacted the Sheriff’s Office to report seeing a video on social media “related to the threats” at the school.
Deputies identified a student from the school who was linked to the social media account that distributed the video, officials said.
On Wednesday, deputies went to the campus and detained the student on suspicion of making criminal threats. Detectives served a search warr...

1 week ago
2









.png)




English (US) ·